Monday, September 15, 2008

Mmmmm...?

Here's sweet Alyce and her first experience with food other than her rice cereal. We pureed some sweet potatoes and gave it a try last night. She was a little suspicious, but she did eat it! I hope she gets her dad's more adventurous palate... I'm determined to make sure she develops his love for vegetables!

Our little Alyce is growing like a beanpole! She was at the Dr. last Thursday, current measurements are 27" long and 17 lbs, 11 oz! Of course, that wasn't a naked weight, and we all know the scales at the Dr.'s office weigh heavy :) Alyce is in the 95th percentile for both length and weight...we're wondering, maybe she'll be tall??? That would be a surprise!

She's mastering rolling over from her back to her tummy, but has forgotten how to get back to her back. This is a real source of frustration for her, she definitely lets us know when she's ready to be flipped back over! I've predicted she'll master the art of the flip back and forth within a week. I'll let you know if I'm right!

Other news, I'm proud as a peacock! The canning of applesauce went great this weekend, it may not seem like a big deal, but for me it was!  I've been wanting to can for years...now I know I can do it.  Next, tomatoes...mmmmmm.... 

For those of you with a love for Murphy dog, here is an update... We are continuing to work to alleviate the problems he's been having with his neck. His course of steroids is almost done, and he's off the muscle relaxers. We think we are seeing a bit of recurrence of his symptoms in the past few days, but generally he's been doing much better. If medication is the way to keep him happy and comfortable, that's what we'll do...

We hope you have a wonderful week!

love,
Lisa, Matt, Alyce and Murphy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: