Sunday, June 22, 2008

Travel Tips



We made it home safe and sound from Nashville on Friday. I thought I would share a few travel tips, things we learned in taking Alyce on her first trip!

1. Washcloths! This one I have to give to a member of the housekeeping staff. She noticed my mounting pile of dirty burpclothes (I had packed every single one we owned for the trip - our little Alyce is a big spitter upper) and handed me a stack of hotel washcloths! Eureka! And they get washed every day :)

2. Rental cars... when you pack three suitcases and a stroller for a trip, you no longer comfortably or easily fit into the standard size rental car. Just get the minivan.

3. Ziploc bags... I had taken ziploc bags for wet, dirty clothes on the trip there and back. However, the gallon sized bags were also a lifesaver for dirty diapers in the hotel room. Keep the smell confined until the trash gets taken out!

4. Stroller wheels... We have a big stroller (although I think they're all pretty big) and we really struggled with getting it in the standard sized rental car trunk. The bellman who loaded our luggage when we were leaving blew our minds - the big back wheels come off!! Duh. Know your stroller :)

5. Finally, Relax. Traveling with Alyce was a bit stressful, but overall, our trip was so much better because we were all together. People in a foodcourt, on a plane, or in a hotel really do (for the most part) understand that babies will cry. We really got such a kick out of the joy she brought to others around us, I wouldn't have missed the trip for anything.

Do you have any travel tips? Please share them by adding a comment below. We certainly have more trips that we'll be taking...

I'm excited to see what this week will hold!

No comments: